2 packages active dry yeast
1/2 c. warm water (105F -115F)
1/2 c. milk
1/3 c. unsalted butter, melted
3 egg yolks, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
3 3/4 c. all purpose flour, sifted
1/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
Oil for deep frying (Vegetable)
Granulated or Powdered Sugar for dusting
- In a large bowl dissolve yeast in warm water; let stand for five minutes.
- Add milk, better, beaten eggs, and vanilla to yeast mixture.
- Combine flour, sugar, and slat, and stir well.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into yeast mixture. (Dough will be soft.)
- Turn dough into a well greased bowl; cover the bowl and set in a warm dry place until doubled. (About 1 hour.)
- Punch dough down and turn onto light flowered board and knead dough until smooth.
- Take a walnut size piece of dough and form a doughnut round placing a hole in the center.
- Heat vegetable oil 350F and gently drop the doughnuts in to the oil and fry until a nice golden brown.
- Dust with powdered or granulated sugar